Thursday, April 21, 2016

Attempted cover up of Alhagie Ceesay's death in custody

Alhagie Abdoulie Ceesay 
This 18th April, a Facebook entry claimed that Alhagie Abdoulie Ceesay was alive and has been re-admitted at the RVTH.  If the Jammeh operatives are to be believed, this was Alhagie's third hospital admission in one week.

Monday the 11th of April was his last and final visit because he died Monday night or early Tuesday morning.  At the time of admission, he was in a semi-conscious state and was "coughing blood", according to a close relative of the deceased.

The radio journalist was a victim of torture who endured over 200 days of custody at Mile II prisons with intermittent visits to the torture chambers of the notorious National Intelligence Agency (NIA).

The fact that Alhagie was regularly tortured was public knowledge.  His lawyer was aware and had tried to submit the fact in the court records but was overruled by Justice Simeon Abi who dispenses justice according to the whims of the Gambia dictator.   We have reported on this young man's case on numerous occasion to bring his plight to the attention of the Nigerian authorities (because the presiding judge in his case was a Nigerian named Simeon Abi) and the international community.

Since we reported on our blog post of 15th April, several false stories have been planted by NIA agents and Jammeh supporters. falsely suggesting that Alhagie Ceesay re-admitted on two occasions the 13th and then again on the 18th when, according to false stories being circulated by the Jammeh regime, Alhagie climbed a window in his semi-conscious state and escaped, headed to Dakar - so goes the NIA story.  In fact, we had fallen victim on one occasion when we referred to the re-admission stories which were false.

The regime of Yaya Jammeh is on the ropes.  These criminal characters have been internationally sanctioned and heavily and scathingly criticized by the United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Human Rights Commission, United States, U.K.Government, and ECOWAS and almost all of the international Human Rights Organizations for the violent manner they cracked down on the peaceful demonstrators.

Because of the pressure being applied with insistent demands to investigate and punish those who were responsible for the death in custody of Solo Sandeng and two others, the Jammeh administration can ill-afford to have another death in custody to explain.  It is for his reason that they are trying desperately to change the conversation fro death by torture to escape to Dakar.

Since we reported Alhagie Ceesay death by torture, we are challenging the authorities or anyone for that matter to show proof that indeed Alhagie.  Until such proof is provided, we stand by our story and our sources that Alhagie Ceesay had died of injuries sustained by torture at the hands of the Yankuba Badjie's men at the National Intelligence Agency Headquarters in Banjul.  There must be justice for Alhagie Abdoulie Ceesay and a closure for his family and we will not rest until both objectives are achieved.