|Commissioner of Police, North Bank|
In as much as we'd like to see a peaceful resolution of an otherwise avoidable standoff caused by the extremely repressive regime, we must also be realistic enough to move with cautious optimism in dealing with a high unreliable and deceptive character in Jammeh.
Why decide to reverse an earlier decision to issue a permit to enable the UDP to use a PA system? Why wait until Monday for a simple permit to be issued when it could have been issued instantaneously and on site? These must be some questions presently preoccupying the minds of those on the ground as we move into Day 4 of the standoff.
Vigilance is the name of the game. Jammeh has something up his sleeves as we blogged yesterday.